To provide participants with the knowledge and competency to organise safe, appropriate and enjoyable practices for Junior, Youth and Senior Amateur level players.
Quality of practice is clearly contingent on the importance of good coaching. Good coaching means purposeful practice and quality feedback.
Learning Outcomes (just a selection)
- The training requirements of Junior, Youth and Senior players
- Preparation of practices appropriate to the needs of Junior, Youth and Senior amateur players
- Identifying methods to make training inclusive for all participants through discussions and practical experience
- Identifying basic principles of attack and defence
- Relating the theory of coaching principles to practical coaching
- Basic general coaching principles, appropriate player learning behaviour and teaching methodology
- Evaluating the effectiveness on their own, together with their peers coaching behaviours
The participants should feel that they have become a better teacher by improving their ability to organise, observe, and communicate and C.H.A.N.G.E.I.T. (the presentation Methodology).
“Group Coaching Practices” will provide the participant with the necessary feedback from their peers (as a group) highlighting such things as “what went well” and “what can be improved”, during their coaching presentation and practice methods. Feedback will be done in a “group setting”.
This fourteen (14) hour practical course has been designed to help those coaches who are coaching players aged between 14 and 17 years and provides ideas on how to create a positive learning environment for the players. It shows the coach how to prepare players for senior football by teaching them to apply the functional game skills in a team setting using 1-4-3-3 as the preferred formation. Developing tactical awareness, perception and decision making through a game-related approach to training.
Before The Course Starts; Participant (Pre-Course information)
On enrolment the participant attending the course should receive clear instructions on:
- The course requirements, attendance, participation.
- Their responsibilities and obligations throughout the course (to be punctual, no mobile phones unless special circumstances). To participate in practical sessions (unless medically unable). To be dressed in the appropriate clothes and suitable footwear for the conditions. To Respect other participants and Presenters. Participants must attend all the sessions.
- What they must bring to the course
- Required attire to wear on the course
- Required writing material and a clear understanding of procedures, participants should provide their own writing and note taking materials.
- Additional protection, wet weather gear / sunscreen, shin pads etc.
- How / where to download course notes / workbook if not done already
- Notes for participants (to be downloaded by participants)